Advance in the next decade
There is always a shift in decades.
It is about asking God for wisdom and revelation to measure our days. It is a function of knowing the smaller and bigger context.
The emphasis is not only in the decade but the season. Within every decade are seasons.
Seasons are fundamental for every man. How you enter or exit seasons will determine how you advance in life.
Seed, time and harvest. You must understand when you are advancing in the decade to know what season of life you are in, this informs what you do.
Ask yourself; how do I connect with God to unravel the season I am in. To connect, you unravel what is the mind of God.
Your life must operate a 5G connection to receive spiritual download of God’s mind for you.
First G – connect with God. How?
Understand your identity in God. Who are you in God? What did God create you for?
- Isolated intimacy with God. Mark 1:35
- The Holy Spirit John 14:16 – to connect to God you need the Holy Spirit
Second G – Grace; the manifestation of God’s gift upon you which you do not deserve. Eph 4:7 When everything disqualifies you, grace will qualify you. You need to discover what you have been graced for; discover it.
Third G – Your gift. The gift of God within you is without repentance. The gift of every man will make way for him. 1 Pet 4:10
Being skilled is the proof of competence that you have grown in your gift. What gift do you carry? Discover, develop and deploy your gift.
Gen 1:28 God said “be fruitful” meaning there is already a seed within you.
Fourth G – Grit: this is your resilience in dealing with distractions. You must persevere to the end. Luk 21:19
Fifth G – Google connects you to relationships, social, networks of minds, relationships, knowledge etc. Prov 13:20
5 Parameters for engaging as you advance in this decade:
- Your confidants – people you can share your secret with and it is safe. They are in your life to challenge you and make you a better person. They cannot betray you.
- Constituents (i.e. scaffolder) – people are in your life for a season and a reason. When the reason expires, the season seems to be. If you keep them, they would deface your life. Never make your constituents your confidants.
- Comrades – you fight the same course. They are not your friends, you come together for a common course only.
- Critics – you must have people who will criticise you. You must learn how to take criticism in a positive way. They help to push you ahead.
- Captains – you must have mentors that you learn from. They help you to navigate through life. The best knowledge you can ever gain is by learning from the mistakes of others.
- Tagged as: