The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) was established in 1952, with a presence in over 190 countries of the world. RCCG City of God Glasgow is a Charitable Company registered with the Charity Commission (Charity No. SC042976).
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when RCCG City of God Glasgow collects and uses your personal information. Please endeavour to read this notice carefully, and if there are further enquiries about data protection and privacy policies, please contact the below:
Address: - 210 Kennedy Street, Glasgow G4 0BQ. United Kingdom
Email: - firstname.lastname@example.org
All data subjects whose data is processed by RCCG City of God Glasgow
Our responsibility is to ensure that this notice is made available to potential data subjects prior to collecting/processing their personal data.
All Office staff of who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
RCCG City of God Glasgow is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force in May 2018. The GDPR will strengthen your rights to privacy and give you control over the personal information that organisations hold about you.
We collect personal information in the following ways:-
Directly from you when you:
- Register for RCCG City of God Glasgow events;
- Make a donation;
- Join our passionate volunteer workforce including serving as valuable trustees for RCCG City of God Glasgow
- Apply for a job to join our fantastic team;
- Work for us as a contractor;
- Visit our website. Please see our Cookies section for more information;
- Sign up to join our covenant partners;
- Apply to take a course at one of our RCCG City of God Glasgow
- Contact us with an enquiry;
- Complete an application form for any of our services;
- Complete a survey;
- Are a Pastor/Parish Pastor, an Ordained Minister, a volunteer (worker) in a local Parish or a member of a local Parish.
- And other means
From other sources:
- We may use the Google or other search engines, Royal Mail’s postcode finder, National Change of Address update (NCOA) or the electoral roll, to check the accuracy of the address or data we hold;
Fair Processing Notice
What is Personal Data?
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation:-
Personal Data is defined as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Sensitive Personal Data
The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin.
RCCG City of God Glasgow is a Church committed to preserving its Christian ethos and its beliefs in accordance with our statement of faith (further details are available on the “About Us” section of our website). Where necessary and consented to, we may collect details about your personal faith.
Additionally, we collect details about any health concerns or disability you have disclosed so we can meet any additional customer service requirements.
We also receive prayer requests, and the information may reveal sensitive personal data. As a praying church, we may share and pray for these needs at our internal prayer sessions.
We will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with greater care and process the information in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
For the administration of our network of Parishes and to carry out our primary objective which is to advance the Christian Faith and the Relief of Poverty. The benefit of being on our correspondence list is that you get information about our outreach events, training for both spiritual and physical development and real-time information on how we are reaching out to our community and responding to your queries and acknowledging the donations you make. You may also get a notification on Prayer and Fasting Programmes, notification on consultations that affect the Christian Faith, notification of other events on the Christian Calendar globally.
- To process your partnership donations (if applicable) and any other donations.
- To reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations, if applicable.
- To verify that you are over 18 and if not, obtain permission from your parent/guardian to process your information or accept any regular donations.
- To enable us to take greater care when engaging with our senior citizens
- When you visit our website, we may gather information about which pages you visit to help us improve and provide you with the best service.
- To determine and improve the effectiveness of our website and publicity campaigns.
- To enable us to contact you with relevant and the most appropriate information.
- To manage and coordinate our volunteers.
- For compliance with employment law and other statutory requirements.
How RCCG City of God Glasgow uses your information
RCCG City of God Glasgow will process – that means to collect, store and use – the information you provide in a manner that is compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary. In some instances, the law sets the length of time information has to be kept, but in most cases, RCCG City of God Glasgow Church will use its discretion to ensure that we do not keep records outside of our normal business requirements.
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
We may pass your personal data on to our service providers who are contracted to RCCG City of God Glasgow Church in the course of dealing with you. Our contractors are obliged to keep your details securely and use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf such as registration or payment processing. Once your service needs have been satisfied, or the case has been closed, they will dispose of the details in line with our record retention If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do so.
We love sharing news about what God is doing through RCCG City of God Glasgow, including events organised to advance our primary objectives. This includes sending you information about our work, news, events, information on volunteering and prayer requests.
Email and text marketing:
We will ask for your permission to contact you by email or text for marketing purposes.
From time to time we may send you information about our work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post. If you have registered with the Mail Preference Service (MPS), we will only send you marketing communication by post if you have given us permission to do so.
We may call to update you on the vital work we are doing. If you have registered your number with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS), we will only make marketing calls to you if you have given us permission to do so.
By consenting to this, you are giving us permission to perform those actions.
RCCG City of God Glasgow Church is committed to respecting your choice to receive marketing information. You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by contacting us.
Who We Share Your Information With
RCCG City of God Glasgow Church is part of the global RCCG family with a presence in over 190 countries both inside the European Union and outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We will only share personal information of ordained ministers as is necessary to fulfil our administrative needs for ordained ministers in RCCG Worldwide.
RCCG City of God Glasgow Church is committed to ensuring that where data is to be transferred overseas, adequate levels of data protection safeguards when processing your personal information are in place.
We may also share your personal information with trusted third parties where they are contracted to develop or maintain our systems.
We monitor information security compliance and have written contracts which obligate our partners or third-party providers to process your personal information only on our instructions and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
RCCG City of God Glasgow Church and any of its affiliate entities may be under a duty to disclose your personal information where required in order to comply with any legal obligation.
How Long We Keep Your Data
RCCG City of God Glasgow Church will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. For example, HMRC requires that we keep a record of your name, address and Gift Aid declaration for six years from the date of your last donation. Where the information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
Your Information Rights and Choices
The Data Protection Act (DPA) gives you the right:
- To request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information RCCG City of God Glasgow Church holds about you.
- To correct or update your personal information processed by RCCG City of God Glasgow Church.
- To request RCCG City of God Glasgow Church to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) gives you the right:
- To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone. Please see the Marketing Permissions section for more information about how to change or update your contact permissions and preferences.
- To know about the cookies, RCCG City of God Glasgow Church uses so that you can decide whether to give us permission to store a cookie on your device. Please see the Cookies section for more information.
For more information about your information rights visit www.ico.org.uk
Reporting Concerns or Compliments
Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about RCCG City of God Glasgow Church handling of your personal information, or compliment what you think we have done well.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
RCCG City of God Glasgow Church will review our privacy notice regularly. The terms of this notice may be updated at any time for example, in the event of changes in law and how we operate. Please do check our website from time to time. If there are any significant changes in the way we process your personal information, we will provide prominent notice on our website or send a notification.
Thank you for your continued support to the work of God through RCCG in the United Kingdom