The Armour of God
Divine victory is guaranteed in Christ Jesus.
Eph 6:11 The emphasis on “put on ALL “calls our attention to consciously put on the armour God has supplied.
Eph 6:12 There is a reason why a child of God must put on the armour of God, so that you can stand against ALL the wiles/schemes/tricks of the enemy.
1 Cor 10:3-5 It is not a physical but a spiritual battle.
There are four levels of the spiritual darkness, but ALL have limited power! Their sole aim is always to ensure that the believer loses their position / stance in God. However, you must maintain your stand/position in Christ Jesus.
Eph 1:19-21; 2:6 Christ is above ALL, and as long as you are in Christ then you also are above ALL.
2 Cor 2:14; Rom 8:13; Col 2:15 Always remember that you are not alone. The war has already been won through Christ Jesus on the cross. Exercise your victory in Christ. You fight from a position of victory.
- The Belt of Truth – Stand in truth, your conviction in Christ, putting away every distraction and lie that puts you down, fighting without hypocrisy, not moving camps but being rooted in Christ. Ensure that you are standing in the truth of His word.
- The Body Armour of God’s Righteousness – Your identity in God as a child of God. You are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, therefore you are protected and shielded from the fiery darts of the enemy. Make up your mind in God and understand your FULL identity in Christ. Gal 2:20; Isa 59:17 Likewise as Christ put on the whole armour!
- Shoes – Peace that comes from the goodnews. Isa 52:7 what does your life speak about, how are you living, are your feet beautiful, do they bring good news? What is your life saying? Live in a way that brings glory to God.
- Shield of Faith – To be able to quench the fiery darts of the wicked. Your faith must be sure in God to be able to word off the darts / lies of the devil. Prov 3:5-6 Absolute faith (trust) in God shields you from the fiery darts of the enemy. Don’t let circumstances determine how you respond to God.
- Salvation as your Helmet – 1 Thess 5:8 The Helmet protects the head, thus what are you thinking? You must consciously renew your mind, are you aware of your thoughts, do you let them settle before they form you. If it doesn’t align with God’s word please discard them immediately. This helmet gives you FULL confidence about your identity in God. The end result of the battle is victory, but amidst the battle, be aware of your attitude and conviction in God because therein lies your confidence.
- Sword of the Spirit – The word of God is the sword of the spirit. Of all the above, this is the only weapon of attack the believer has for battle. How much of God’s word is resident in your heart and mouth. Heb 4:12 The word of God is sharp and alive. John 1:1-3 Don’t keep quiet, continuously speak the word, fight with the word, use and apply the word in ALL your life’s endeavours. Speak the word in ALL seasons of your life. Create your world by His word.
Gal 5:1; Rom 5:2; Phil 4:1; Eph 2:6 Remember that you stand in freedom, liberty and victory!
Prayer – Isa 8:10
- Tagged as: